While the games may just ended and the lights may be on in some of the stadiums across the conference still, Week 8 is in the books and here’s the rundown and ramifications of all the evening’s results.
Week 8 SVL Wrap-Up
|Bay City Central||17 - 14||Heritage||Recap|
|Flint NW||8 - 40||Powers||Recap|
|Midland Dow||27 - 34||C-Ainsworth||Recap|
|Davison||56 - 7||Bay City Western||Recap|
|Mt. Pleasant||62 - 24||Arthur Hill||Recap|
|Saginaw High||8 - 23||Flint SWA||Recap|
|Lapeer||27 - 9||Midland High||Recap|
- With Carman-Ainsworth’s 34-27 win over Midland Dow, they not only claim the outright SVL Blue title but also picked up their 6th win and their playoff ticket in the process.
- Powers got a big win on Friday night, picking up win #5. Now they move on to face 8-0 and SVL Red Champ Davison next week, needing a win to pick-up and automatic bid.
- With Bay City Central’s 17-14 squeaker against Heritage, BCC is now a win away from the playoffs as well. All that stands in their way of making it to the playoffs, their arch-rival, Bay City Western.
- Davison took care of business and claimed the Red title, outright, their first 8-0 start since 2006.
- Lapeer wrapped up 2nd place in the Red with their 27-9 over Midland High. More importantly, the Lightning picked up their 6th win, securing an automatic playoff bid. With the loss Midland High can no longer secure an automatic playoff spot but will still hold out hope they can claim an at-large spot. Something would be bolstered tremendously if they could upset rival Dow next Friday night.
- Shout out to the Mt. Pleasant Oilers. They started the season 1-4 but after three straight wins, are now 4-4 and have a shot at a winning record when they take on Heritage next week.
Stay on the lookout over the next few days as I unveil a Week 9 Preview and take a look at the Playoff landscape and make my projections for the week ahead. Also stay tuned later this week for the Week 8 SVL Honors.